Phononix Gabions are based on the metamaterial’s technology, which is characterized by the following properties:
- acoustic labyrinth: sound absorption guaranteed by the air path and the functionalized perforations;
- sound absorption tunable at different frequencies;
- circular economy approach (Alufoil + honeycomb);
- porous or fibrous materials are not needed.
The sound absorption and insulation performances are based on the following two metamaterials mechanisms:
- vibrating membrane, related to the resonance of the honeycomb surface;
- functionalized surface, related to the energy dissipation due to surface microperforation.